Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Family Fun Day...

Last weekend we went on a family fun day outing with my whole family...to the Tubing Hill! Everyone had a blast! This was our first time going to the tubing hill...and I have a funny feeling it won't be the last! When we woke up the temp was -11'...but by the time we got to the hill it was a heat wave of 10'!
It really did turn out to be a lovely day...the sun was shining and it felt way warmer than it really was...and hand and toe warmers are always a plus! James loved outside watching the action...but I think I spent half my time walking up all those steps to the chalet so the little guy could warm up...he mostly spent his warming up time screaming because he wanted back out!
My mom and sister, Laura...my mother will probably happily kill me for putting a picture of her on my blog...she is pretty good at hiding behind the camera...
James...chilling out sitting in Daddy's tube...he was quite happy to sit here for awhile and be pulled around by his aunties...Love those shades...he must have loved them also...at least he didn't pull them off!
Elsie and Daddy...Elsie loved going down the hill...she went several times...She later told me how fun it was except that her cheeks here hurting from all the cold air rushing against them! I guess she also kept her eyes closed...not sure why...she is making plans to go back another day...
The life of a child...daddy doing all the work!

Oops...another one of Grammie and James...It was just too cute not to add...James loves his Grammie...
Miss Elsie Jane...she was super pooped out after all that fresh air...
I think there were 14 people in our group...only my mom and I did not go tubing...and all the rest thought it was great fun to go down together in a big group...they were always laughing and having a good time! At one point all the guys decided to try standing up on their tubes as they went zooming down the hill...they got into trouble by the workers since it was clearly posted "do NOT stand on tubes!" Some rules are meant as suggestions, right?
Sometimes they would get so much speed going down the hill someone would fly right off the end of the embankment! This only resulted in more laughter...good think snow is soft when you land...for the most part anyhow!
I had a really hart time not going down the hill...but my Chiropractor thought it was best if I sit it out this time to let my back heal more...bummer! After hearing about all the aching mussels the next day I am quite happy I didn't go! The girls told me holding onto the rope to get up the hill was the hardest part of tubing...and took them a couple days for their mussels to feel "normal" again!



We had such a fun day...we have decided to make family days a regular thing now...can't wait for the next event! Days like this is what a big family is about...being together, enjoying a laugh together, creating a memory...we are all so blessed...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...