Thursday, October 28, 2010

Girls Weekend...

Last week was a fun, exhausting and crazy kind of weekend...Every year (really just the 2nd annual, I guess!) during MEA all of we sisters, our mom and of course any breast feeding babies...get together for a full day of shopping! We all look forward to this day for months...we have our lists all ready...than we get pooped out and overwhelmed be lunch time! We woke up bright and early, ready to hit the stores...
We made it to 2 stores and part of the mall before taking a lunch break...and heading over to visit Ceara...who could not join in the shopping because she was busy learning to cut hair at the Beauty School...
After all the morning shopping we welcomed a break while visiting Ceara...James was a super shopper but needed a little time out of the stroller and carseat...
And some of just needed to stretch out...when you have an extra bone in your back stretching out is a must...even ya look a little crazy! I wanted to bring my big exercises ball with to use when I felt sore...but there wasn't room...I tried using one of the big red cement balls outside Target...but I think it embarrassed everyone...don't know why...what is else are those cement balls for?
James took a couple of long naps while we shopped...and was a happy little guy while awake...but at Penny's he just got far to hungry...thankfully I had pumped some milk...so we sat on the floor and had a little bottle while everyone continued to shop around us. Thankfully it was getting late and there were not many people in this department...
My main goal of the shopping trip was to find some clothes for myself...I find myself always buying things for the kids and my wardrobe was showing it! I still am quite un-sure what size I am since having James...I was a 6 before having Elsie then dropped to a 2...after trying on these pants I discovered I am not a 2 anymore! I gave up and decided I will cinch the belt on my too big pants and "suck it in" on my too little pants...so I just bought shirts...much easier! Just for the record...I can button the size 2...but I think it might give me slight underwear lines from being so tight! What do you think?
Laura...all pooped out from shopping. Shopping is not her thing...give her a dirt bike and she much happier! However the day after shopping Laura had a big crash on her bike and broke her collarbone...now she is waiting to find out if she needs surgery or not...I told you it was a wild and crazy weekend!
By the time this picture was taken James had gotten overly tired and was quite cranky...my back was killing me (so much I talked Ceara's boyfriend into picking me up at the door to drive me to our car on the other end of the mall!) and we were all starving...
We had a successful girls shopping day...we came home with lots of bags, good memories and full tummies...and the kids all survived a day with Papa Wayne and uncle Brandon as baby sitters...Looking forward to MEA 2011!


2 comments:

carla said...

you know, i think they should have a "like" button for these blog posts like they do on facebook --- cuz i would definitely like a few of your pictures - especially the one of you squeezing into the white pants that were too small! ha!

yes, it was a great day! loads of fun! but then we manage to have fun whenever we're all together, no matter what the occasion, right?!

and i'm glad you blog this stuff --- because i'm so far behind on my blog postings. i keep adding things to my draft file, but never get around to finishing the actual posts --- and then when i finally do publish the post, everything is like two (or more) weeks old --- it's all old news! oh well, i really do try!

-mom

Wendy said...

Looks like a FABULOUS day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...