Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Reminder and a Rant...

I began this blog a couple of years ago with the intention of it being on online journal of our life…something fun to look back on and enjoy…to celebrate life and all the magical little moments we might otherwise forget.

Recently I have found it hard to post because I realize that at least one of my blog readers is abusing the purpose of my blog. I have a couple tracking devices that allow me to keep track of my readers as well as which pages are being read…so I know that when you read this you will know who you are. (I’m not naming names, but I do know who you are.) I would like my blog to be a source of enjoyment for my readers…it is not meant to be a place to gather information for personal reasons (and your petty jealousies.) Just because you read something on my blog about our life does not mean that you can jump to conclusions, gossip and repeat to others on the happenings in our life. When you jump to conclusions and make assumptions (and gossip to others) about things you really have no clue about (or very little information about) it only causes conflict. Honestly, I’m getting tired of having to defend our lifestyle choices to a few others…we live our life the way that works best for us and makes us most happy. It may be different than what you choose, and if you don’t like our choices, then please stop reading the blog!

In the past I had a similar problem with a reader lifting some of my photos. After a gentle reminder of the courtesies of blogging it stopped. And now hopefully this message will also serve as a reminder to please show more respect and restraint.

I understand that when blogging I am publicly opening our life to others…but I would hate to have to put a password on my blog since I do have many readers who understand the blogging courtesies and truly enjoy reading about the simple joys of our life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...