Monday, November 30, 2009

Fish House Parade...

I think you know you live in a red-neck town when there is an entire parade dedicated to fish houses...and everyone around would agree that the parade is a huge deal! This was the first year than Elsie and I went...my dad and the kids have gone for several years...
The parade is always held the day after Thanksgiving...and it was cold...and I didn't feel well...but we still went and enjoyed the parade...
Auntie Emma and Elsie cuddling together on the chair...they had to wear gloves to keep their hands warm...but with them on they could not catch candy! Uncle Colter was a good sport and did all the candy catching for them! At one point some one was throwing out necklaces...ans Elsie really wanted one...so she pushed Colter and said "get!"...and being the good uncle he is he caught her one...and one for his little sister also!
It was cold...I think if I go next year we will need to get some hand and toe warmers...maybe I am just a baby about cold weather!?
This "float" was my favorite! Like I said... I think we live in red-neck country! Just for the record we live 2 towns away from where the parade was held...so I am pretty sure we live in civilized country!
Uncle Colter caught lots of candy for the kids...Elsie came home her pockets loaded with dum-dums! A good parade...lots of candy...good memories...freezing toes and noses...who could ask for more!?

1 comment:

Nichole said...

I think there are a couple of fish house parades in northern SD where ice fishing is huge. You're not alone :). They are a good time and probably rank right up there with turkey bowling & bingo - I hope places still do that when Mason is older.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...