Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Truth...

This picture sums it up pretty well...I have not been blog much because any free time is spent napping! It is tough getting up 3 times a night for feedings and diaper changes! Jon is good to get up every other time with Lilly when he is home. When he is not home I am on my own...scarry...so a few times last week Elsie, Lilly and I packed up and spent the night at my parents house. My Mom and Ceara were good enough to get up with Lilly to give me a little more sleep! When Elsie was born she never had night and nights mixed up...we had to wake her at night to eat...since she was born early she was very sleepy! As Elsie got older she just slept in bed with Jon and I...when she fussed I just rolled over and nursed her with hardly opening my eyes...so having get up to make bottles is a new thing...and hard to get used to! Hopefully in a few weeks we have a good routine started and I won't feel so sleep-deprived!
Just a note on how sleep-deprived I am...I folded all the clean towels...and put them away...a few hours later I discovered I put all the kitchen towels away in the bathroom cabinet! Oops!

1 comment:

carla said...

yes, last friday night was a bit iffy --- i don't think any of us got any sleep! but we're more than glad to help out - anytime, you know that! that's what family does, right?!

i have to say that i'm so impressed on all the help jon gives you! granted, he's on the road much of the week - but, still, when he's home he really pitches in and does a great job with his babies! i love to see a man that isn't afraid to care for a baby or small child. and also that he tells you to go take a nap and he'll keep an eye on the kids --- well, that's cool. i guess he's a keeper afterall! ha!!

mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...