Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Getting the Hang of Things...

Now that Lilly has been home with us for over 2 weeks I think we are finally getting the hang of things a little bit...last week I didn't think we ever would! One evening last week my Mom and some of the girls stopped over to bring my garbage out...(I can't lift it!) and they found me sitting in the rocker with 2 crying kids! Lilly was fighting sleep and Elsie was upset I couldn't cuddle with her!
So far this week had been better...but it is only Tuesday! Lilly is only getting up 2 times a night and Elsie is finally getting used to laying in bed alone while I sit up and feed and Lilly...
Today Elsie had a big melt down in the grocery store when she realized her spot in the front of the cart had been taken over by Lilly! I Think Elsie was purely devastated and didn't know what to think! I explained to Elsie that she could sit in the back of the cart...so all was good again! Elsie totally loves Lilly and was very worried yesterday when we had to leave Lilly at social services for a visit...Elsie is quite a little helper and mother to Lilly!

2 comments:

carla said...

it always takes time - you'll get the hang of it! this too shall pass...

yes, that was quite a lovely vision - walking in and seeing you sitting in the darkened room with the two babies cuddled up on your lap --- so sweet! i'm glad we all live close enough to make those 10pm emergency visits when we're needed - and your sisters love it, too. it's nice to be needed...

mom

ana said...

lilly is getting so big!! just imagine how full your lap will be when the next little one joins in!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...