Monday, May 18, 2009

Do You Like It?

I have been trying to find just the right curtains for the dining room since we finished it months ago...while I was JoAnn Fabrics last week I found this fabric I fell in love with...I bought all they had...only about 2 1/2 yards...hopefully I can come up with some kind of curtains out of that little bit of fabric for 3windows! I think this fabric is so full of life...perfect for spring and summer curtains...I think we will have to find something for winter curtains, though. So far I know that Jon and Elsie do not like the curtains very much...Jon says they just look funny...and Elsie wrinkles up her nose and shakes her head...
I am thinking of making a valance to go across this widow...we will have to get shades to go under the curtain. For now I just have the fabric tacked up on the wall until I know for sure what I want! Please excuse the mess! I was busy sewing and had to take a picture while the lighting was perfect!
A close up of the window...I have always thought I would have long curtains here...but I kind of like this valance idea...plus there is not enough fabric for long panels. We still need to get trim...it seems the "little things" always get over looked!

This is my favorite... just one long panel on the sliding door...I love the look of this panel with the sun shining through...I guess we need curtain rods next! Ikea has the best rods!
So...there are my plans for the dining room curtains...if I don't find something else I fall in love with before I get these curtains done! Does anyone other than me like it?



1 comment:

Tina said...

I love the material! It figures they only had so much. You could always add another fabric to the botton to make panels. I have done that several times so I could still make panels. I have made all my curtains so let me know if you want my insight!

Tina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...