Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Birthday...

Yesterday was Jon's Birthday! While he was at work Elsie and I hung up the happy birthday banner and wrapped up the gifts...Becky and Patrick came to help celebrate...We all went out to eat than came back to our house for cake. Jon's only birthday request was for a regular cake...not a GF cake! So Becky made him a regular cake...his favorite...yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I did have to make a GF cake for Elsie and I to eat.
After Elsie and I wrapped up all Jon's gifts she carried them around all afternoon in a gift bag waiting for daddy to get home. She did try to open them several times...but I would tell her she had to wait for daddy and she would quickly put it back in the bag. She was super excited when Daddy finally sat down to open the gifts...and she got to "help"!


After the gifts we ate cake! How many candles on Jon's cake? We didn't have quite enough candles to make 26...so 10 had to work!
Becky sang "Happy Birthday" while Jon and Elsie blew out the candles...
Happy Birthday Jon...hope your day was a special one...you are a special guy...Elsie is one lucky girl to have you for her daddy...and I am lucky to have you for my husband...Love you...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jon from Nick and I... sorry we missed your day... I had your b-day written down as the 23rd of this month!! Silly me! :0)

ana said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun!! That cake looks delish!! (love the box of tooth paste Elsie is holding!!) Happy Birthday, Jon!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...