Sunday, February 15, 2009

Laundry Soap...

Yesterday afternoon I made some laundry soap! I have been wanting do this for quite some time...so I am so thrilled I finally go around to doing so! I found the recipe on the Dugger family web site...I did use a different soap then they recommend and it turned out fine. Elsie has super sensitive skin so we are not able to use any store bought laundry soap because of the dyes and perfumes...we used a gluten, fragrance and dye free bar of soap to make the laundry soap...so hopefully this will work well for her!
Jon grated the bar of soap and I melted it with water in a large pan over the stove...
This recipe makes 10 gallons of soap at a time...here is the bucket half full of water as we added the borax, washing soda and melted soap...we had to let the soap sit over night...today I washed the first load using our homemade soap! This was super easy to make...it look about 20 min...now we will have plenty of soap for at least the next year...if anyone needs laundry soap we have plenty to share!



1 comment:

carla said...

oh gosh - i dream of doing this too - but being the procrastinator i am it never gets past the 'dreaming' stage. one of these days the girls and i *will* get 'er done!!

hopefully this helps with elsie's skin rashes - it certainly has to be healthier than any of the store bought stuff that are laden with chemicals!

mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...