Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tomatoes

Today my Mom and I canned pasta sauce with tomatoes fresh from the garden...
The sauce smelled so good as it simmered...i can't wait to eat some pasta now! I had never done tomatoes before...but it was super easy and fun. I now have 11 jars to add my stash in the pantry! I love just looking at the full shelves in the basement pantry!
All ready to be stored away for a winter dinner...

We have lots more apples to can next...pie filling and applesauce. I have had so much fun doing so much canning with my mom...thanks mom for helping me! And i have the best sisters ever that are always willing to entertain Elsie so I can learn how to can! Today the girls agreed to sit in the van and watch Elsie as she finished her nap after falling asleep on the car ride. (maybe they just enjoyed being able to watch a movie in the van uninterrupted!?) Either way...thanks girls!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...