Monday, October 27, 2008

Time for Dinner

I love being able to have a nice dinner all ready for when Jon comes home from work. I normally plan out what we are eating at the beginning of the week and grocery shop accordingly. I make all our dinners from scratch...because I enjoy cooking and it's healthy. I have also found that all boxed foods have wheat...so we stay away from that! Last week I tried a new recipe...Bourbon Chicken over white rice with steamed broccoli and carrots. Normally Elsie is not a big meat eater...but she loved the Bourbon chicken...and the carrots and broccoli of course,too!
The Recipe: Bourbon Chicken
*cubed Chicken breast~cook in oil on stove top
**Mix together: 1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp ginger
3/4 crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple juice
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce
*bring to boil over med heat...mix well
*add chicken bring to hard boil and reduce heat to simmer 20 min.
Yum! Enjoy...

1 comment:

carla said...

Mmmm, it looks good - thanks for the recipe - I'll have to give it a whirl soon.
~mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...