Thursday, July 24, 2008

Strawberry Jelly

Last Saturday I got up early to go Strawberry picking again with my Mom and Sisters. My plan was to leave Elsie at home sleeping with Jon...but Elsie woke up and would not go back to sleep...so she came with me. She never wakes up at 6:30...she always sleeps in until at least 9:30...but I think she knew I was going to leave her! She did enjoy herself at the berry farm...she sat in her stroller and watched while we picked 8 buckets full of berries. When we got home we began cleaning them and mashing them for jam...


The finished product...all labeled and ready to display on the pantry shelf...jon and i now have over 20 jars of jelly for this winter...fresh berries, no preservatives, no coloring or dyes...the very best! My goal for this summer is to can, freeze and dry lots of fresh foods so this winter we can eat healthy! It is a lot of work...but so worth it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...