Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Strawberries

Strawberry season is here! Yesterday Elsie and I went Strawberry picking with my mom and sisters and brother. We all love picking berries. We picked a total of 8 pails...some to freeze and some to make into jelly. There is something so satisfying about making your own food!
My mom picked us up early in the morning...far to early for me! The strawberry patch was filled with people by the time we got there...
Elsie is working on cutting some new teeth...so she was not the happiest baby...but with so many aunties to entertain her so did good!
After we picked the berries came the job of cleaning and cutting the stem off...a big job but with so many helpers it went by quickly! We only managed to freeze the berries yesterday...in a few days we will make the jelly. Last night my mom and sisters made strawberry shortcake for dessert...yumm!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...