Sunday, May 9, 2010

Getting Ready...

I think we are all ready for James to arrive...we do need to get the bassinet and swing out of the attic...but we will wait a little longer for that. Several weeks ago the Doctor told me to get things done as much as possible because she could guarantee I would be bedrest...and I am quite glad I took her advice! The weeks before bedrest I was busy finishing sewing a few things...like a new peanut sling...I love the fresh green colour. I used a pink peanut sling for Elsie and Lilly...but a boy cannot be seen in the colour pink so we made a new one! I love these slings...they are super comfortable and easy to use...and a perfect way to cuddle while being able to use both arms!
The other big project was a new white bumper for the moses basket...I didn't have a pattern so I am quite pleases with how well it turned out. I bought the basket at Once upon a Child but it had a pink bumper...and I really wanted white. I don't plan on really using the basket much...I just wanted the basket with a white bumper for some photos I am planning doing of James. Jon thought I was crazy going through the pain of making a new bumper for one photo shoot...but some times when a creative urge strikes I just cannot stop...especially when it involves photos!
These adorable little shoes came in the mail this week...some super cute Robeeze shoes for when James is ready to start walking...Elsie lived in her Robeeze shoes so we had to get some for James. They are the best for learning to walk!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...